Thursday, February 9

Valentine's Mad Lib

Ok, you've all probably done a mad lib at some point in your life. It's a game where someone says, "give me a noun," "give me a verb," "give me an adjective," etc... Then they read a story from which several key words have been removed. They replace those words with the ones you gave, and it makes the story quite ridiculous and often quite funny. So this is a Valentine's mad lib. The twist is this: instead of deciding on words yourself, you use those little conversation hearts (that taste like chalk) in the blanks. I made this for a Valentine's party I am helping to plan, and I hope it will be fun.

So, if you want to try it, go get a little box of conversation hearts and see where they might fit. Here's the story:

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful peasant girl named ______ who lived in a cottage in the middle of the woods. One day, a handsome prince rode by and saw her in her garden. He stopped and said to her, “______.” Shocked that anyone important would be riding in her woods, the girl answered, “______.” The prince immediately fell in love with her and was determined to marry her someday. He visited the girl’s cottage every day, and said many romantic things to her like “______,” “______,” and “______.” He told the girl that she was very _____, and that she was undeniably the ______est _______ he had ever known. He knew that she was his ______, and he wanted to give her ______.

In spite of all this attention, the girl remained cold and unaffected. When the prince came to talk to her, she usually replied, “______” or “______.” The prince was certainly not ______ enough for her, and he would never be her ______.

One day, the prince decided that he could bear this no longer. If she would not love him back, today would be his last visit. He approached her cottage and shouted something he had never dared to say before: “______!” Astonished, the girl replied, “______,” and ran into his arms. They soon were married and lived happily ever after.

I think I will have a rule that you can change the posession of the hearts. For example, if the heart says "my love," you can say "his" or "her" instead of "my."

1 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you post some more stories? I'm having a Valentine's Day party, and I want a few.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home