Thursday, April 20

Donner Expedition - Chapter Five

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

As soon as Kerry said the car was a white Jeep, I was sure we were about to die. Obviously the guy who had been fishing had seen us earlier, had been to our campsite while we were gone, and was now chasing us down the highway. Not only did the car follow me through the turn into Silver Bay, it also followed me the next time I turned. Now I was thinking, "Do I really want to lead this psycho to my grandparents' house?" The next time I turned, the Jeep went straight, but I almost expected the guy to whip around the whole block, block our car, and kill us all. We all felt like we were in some sick horror movie.

After that last turn, I did not see the Jeep again and felt safe enough to go to the house. Kerry, Joy and I barged inside panting, crying and shaking. My grandma, grandpa, uncle and cousin all stared at us while we told them what had just happened. At that point, we decided we really wanted to call Jason 'cause now we had a real story to tell. We were able to get ahold of him, and he could hardly believe what had happened. He was glad we were safe, and so were we.

We talked over the whole incident again, trying to determine which parts of the story were facts and which were our speculations. The blazing fire was a fact, and since we could not explain that, it freaked us out. The tail-gating Jeep could have been a coincidence, but we weren't really sure. We had seen a white Jeep that day, and this one seemed to have been following us all the way from the campsite to Silver Bay. We also knew that we needed to go back to the campground at some point to get all our stuff, but there was no way we were going to do that alone at night. My grandma suggested that we go talk to the police, just in case something dangerous or bad had actually happened.

We explained the whole thing to the policeman who said, "I don't want to scare you guys, but I should let you know that there was a criminal sex offender who just got out of jail and was released in this area recently. He is on a tracking device, so we should know if he has gone somewhere he shouldn't. But you should know that his last offence was committed at a campground. I don't remember if it's the one where you were or another in the area."

AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger pamela s said...

Totally freaky! Good grief!

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! I get chills just thinking about that night again. We should have listened to our mothers' warnings and our friends' advice - particularly the advice to pitch out tent next to a family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home