Monday, March 13

Trip to ND



This weekend I got to visit my dear friends Nathan and Nicole at their home in North Dakota. I went to see their new baby, Mishael and to spend some quality time with them. I got to hold Mishael a lot, learn more about baptism and covenant theology, and drink lots of coffee. I loved seeing their life and ministry there, and fellowshipping in Christ with them and also with Dave (their pastor) and Katya. We all went to college together and share lots of memories. But more than that, we share our passion for God. Dave has some dreams and ideas about ministry to unreached peoples -- definitely something to start praying about.



Here's Mishael Calvin. He's so precious, and I enjoyed every minute with him. He makes so many cute faces which I tried to photograph, but by the time I turned the camera on, he was usually done. Oh well.



I brought Mishael his first pair of cowboy boots.



Just before I left, I got to be a part of Mishael's baptism. Nathan explained his reasons for doing it, and we spent some time praying for the Pitchfords - specifically for God to save Mishael in His time. Even though I do not see this issue the same way Nathan does, I was so glad to see it happen. Nathan followed his convictions from Scripture, and he did it from faith giving glory to God. Those on the other side can do no more or less, and love must abound always.

3 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute kid! Now all he needs is a pair of jeans and he'll look just like his father . . . oh yes, I suppose a beard would help, too, although my memories of Nathan don't include one.

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find those cowboy boots? Those are so adorable! I'm glad you were able to visit them!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Christine said...

I bought them at Target (good deal).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home